PERSONAL INJURY BLOG
Personal injury happens in many ways. The sudden shock of being injured may scramble your rationale on what to do next. You should always have your emergency numbers for family members and local services readily available in your cellphone, car, house, and/or office in case you find yourself in a personal injury accident. Below are a few steps to remember if you are involved in a personal injury accident, whether it's a slip-in-fall, care-taker negligence, or an automobile accident.
Taking Action After Your Accident:
- Slowly and carefully check to make sure that you and others are okay.
- If a person is unconscious or has neck or back pain (including yourself), do not move them until a qualified medical professional arrives with instructions, unless the hazard is still a threat to personal injury.
- Do not admit any fault or liability until the facts are established.
- If you are not taken to the hospital by the ambulance, be sure to seek medical attention as soon as possible to examine any abnormalities or discomfort.
- Keep track of all of your medical treatment to have a record for the medical services received and to help support how your daily life has changed.
- If you are in an automobile accident, you need to stay at the scene (unless emergency medical assistance is required), take photos of property damage, call the police, call your insurance provider and exchange information with all drivers and passengers involved (name, contact number, address, license plate, driver license number, insurance information, etc.).
- Be sure to analyze and review all settlement offers to ensure that you will be fully compensated for all of your injuries.
- Consider hiring an attorney.
Remember, injuries from an accident may take days, weeks, or months to reach their maximum level of discomfort; don't shortchange yourself when it comes to seeking medical treatment. The sooner that you seek a medical provider, the sooner that you can have piece of mind about how to treat your aliments from the personal injury accident.
As always, please feel free to reach out to Pinson Law, P.A. for any assistance or guidance with seeking compensation for personal injury claims. We thank you for your time, and we hope you keep us in mind! 813-560-4164.
Disclaimer: The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, please contact us for additional information about our qualifications and experience. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship, and should not be construed as such. Due to the changing nature of the law and our reliance on outside information, we do not warranty or guarantee the accuracy or availability of the content on this site or on other sites to which we link. You must not rely on information on this website as an alternative to legal advice from your attorney or other professional legal service provider. If you have any specific questions about any legal matter, you should consult your attorney. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal actions because of information on this website.